We are looking for a highly motivated Android Engineer who is excited about developing apps to extend our ecosystem of cloud services for audio production and state of the art wireless audio hardware.
Together with Design, Marketing, and the rest of the Engineering team, you will lay the groundwork and pave the path for our mobile experiences. This means excellent development practices and careful code architecture in an organization built around rapid releases. We will be nimble in shipping as frequently as we can, but our first priority is customer experience.
You will join a growing team of experienced software developers, designers, hardware engineers and audio researchers. We promote cross-functionality with overlapping roles and responsibilities. As a member of the team you will contribute actively to software quality through thorough testing and code reviews. You will share knowledge of tools and technologies and recommend best practices. Instead of struggling with technical debt and outdated legacy code, your work should actively shape our products now and in the future.
At Nomono, we put customer experience first. Every aspect of interaction, from onboarding and micro-animations to updates and support, plays an important role in defining the experience. Deep focus on how our customers will use our apps and attention to detail is critical to success in this role.
We believe in a small, dynamic and lean organization. This puts a lot of pressure on only getting the top talents in every position. This position offers a unique opportunity for you to take part in our vision.
Responsibilities we'll entrust you with
- Architect and build new features, tools, and workflows for our Android products
- Shape the direction of the product through the Android platform
- Collaborate with Design, Product, QA, backend, and Marketing in concepting, prototyping, user testing, and implementing new features
- Implement features, frameworks, and fixes in an Android development environment
- Working closely with the immediate team of Cloud developers
- Work with our beta testing team and analytics to drive feature implementation and rapidly iterate
- Help to define new features with the team
- Produce clean, readable code and participate in code reviews
- Confident at presenting and explaining technologies and concepts, often conveying technical detail to non-technical stakeholders
- You have relevant higher education (BA or MA); sufficient relevant experience might compensate for lack of higher education
- A few years of experience with Android development is preferred, but we are also open to hiring smart graduates
- Strong understanding of Kotlin
- Having an agile mindset: Things may be undefined, and what's defined may be redefined.
- A keen interest in building rich interactive applications
- Experience working on mobile consumer applications
- Preferably, you've shipped, maintained, and iterated on Android applications currently available on the Google Play Store
- Experience using common design patterns
- A focus on mobile UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Experienced a full product lifecycle from design to release
- Comfortable writing unit tests and architecting testable code
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Accurate, organized, self-driven and proactive
- Curious and entrepreneurial, a hands-on, solution oriented do-er!
Nice to have
- Experience with React is a huge plus
- Track record of pursuing self-directed or open-source side projects
- Experience building web services, and building or extending web APIs
- Practical knowledge with building Bluetooth-enabled mobile apps
- Passion for beautiful, responsive, and functional design
- Experience with audio processing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum and Atlassian Tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Comfortable working with Git and Github
- Experience with native app development for iOS (Swift)
- An interest in audio products and sound
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A key role in building a strong global brand
- A work family with passionate co-workers
Where we work
Most of us work out of our office in Trondheim, as we believe the best culture and work emerges from real-world connection and interaction between people. However, your physical location is secondary to your passion for sound and delivering exceptional work. If we believe you’re a great fit with our team and culture, we’ll go far to get you onboard.